Skip to main content

Single Parenting

Being a single parent is one of the most difficult yet rewarding jobs out there. I found myself wondering at times how some mothers and fathers are able to balance work, school, kids, dinner, cleaning, and so on without going insane.

Having a support system in place has been a strong backbone for many mothers, including myself. I have been blessed with a mother, 2 siblings and a father (now deceased as of 4 months ago) that have been my foundation.

A schedule for yourself and kids is a must. I know this may seem a bit pointless but believe me, as parents we can easy end up with a calendar filled with things to do and not realize it. Also, be sure to schedule some time for yourself. Even if it's sitting in your tub for 30 minutes reading a book once the children are napping, at school, or with family.

Single parenting as I stated is difficult, no matter how organized you may feel you are. At times we all become overwhelmed and may even cry. This is normal and not a bad thing. Simply cry, scream, even throw something if you must (not in front of your children) and continue your duties as a parent.

Although you may have to sacrifice a great deal now ... in the end it will truly be rewarding!

Please share your advice, tips, and stories. You never know who may need to hear them!

MomsInSite!

Here's a useful article that compiles a list of 10 secrets for being a single mom. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Baby Makes 3

I think back to when my 5 year old was first born. I must say it was truly a special time, saturated with some new experience daily. I can recall the very first night of her arrival; she slept through the entire night! I remember thinking, "Wow this is going to be a breeze!” Yeah, well definitely not the case. The next night...and every night thereafter, my sleep had become more like random spurts of unconsciousness. My husband (then boyfriend) and I were so sleep deprived that we envied the rest of the world, knowing they were nestled snuggly in their beds; while we took turns changing diapers and feeding our newborn. Truth be told, I even resented my husband at times as I would look over and see him sleeping so soundly! My husband and I have this unspoken game (I like to call it “sleep roulette”) in which we pretend to be in such a deep sleep, that we do not hear our daughter’s crying. That way, the other parent will get up and change a diaper, make a bottle, or give a glass o

Holiday Crafts for the Kiddos!

Okay,  so it's winter break and your kids are thrilled to be home ... how are you doing? Check out some of these fun, easy and even yummy holiday ideas that I found from parents.com awesome website! Parents.com says "This  holiday  season, decorate your home with these fun and easy  Christmas  crafts. Your kids will love adorning the tree with handmade ornaments, dressing up your front door with a creative wreath, and giving cute DIY gifts to loved ones." Click on the active links above for shortcuts to their crafts! Also, be sure to share your finished products with us! Happy Holidays! Resource: parents.com

Moms Insite Rebranding!!!

Hey Insiters, Today marks the first day of Moms Insite Rebranding and Remodeling!! We have so many new and great things in store for our fabulous readers and viewers! To get all the newness please subscribe and you will be alerted when a new post drops. Giveaways, a beauty column, fashion advice, toy reviews, and so much more!!!   Thanks, Catrina Shiona