Skip to main content

Guest Blog Alert! Diaperpedia App


Stuff happens.  As a parent, it's sure to have happened to you.  It happened to us on Christmas Eve.  We were in a local consignment store searching for a baby carrier to make it easier to get out of the house, when our one month old son had a diaper blowout.  With no changing table for customer use, the store owner kindly offered for us to change the diaper on one of the bassinets that was for sale (we put down a large waterproof pad).  I love this store, but it's tiny and packed with merchandise, so I was jittery the entire time, sure that my son would pee at any moment (as he loved to do when we took off his diaper) and we'd need to purchase a whole lot more than a baby carrier.  Thankfully we were able to avoid changing our baby on the floor and get a clean diaper back on him without incident.

 Little did we know, however, the coffee shop across the street had a baby changing table where we could have changed our baby's diaper.  Whether it be new parent fatigue or just plain old sleep deprivation, parents have an armful in their hands and on their mind.  Why, oh why wasn't there an easier way to handle this expected event? This question led to the creation of Diaperpedia.

Diaperpedia is a free app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that helps parents find the nearest baby changing table.  Locations can be added or edited with the touch of a button, making it easy to add your favorite weekend brunch hangout or update a spot that is no longer in service. Since not all changing tables are equal, parents can also add a photo, leave reviews and rate changing table locations based on cleanliness, working condition, safety, and accessibility.
 
 
If you’re in search of a changing table, you’re obviously busy, but the more diaper changing parents, nannies and caretakers add and update changing table location information, the more useful it will be for everyone, so Diaperpedia has added the bonus incentive of a monthly contest.  Every new location added counts as an entry.  The Diaperpedia user who adds the most new changing table locations each month wins a $50 gift card and two randomly selected entrants each receive a $25 gift card.  Use the gift card to buy diapers, pay for diaper service, or forget diapering and take a rare moment to splurge on yourself.

 We all know that changing tables are out there, but they’re hidden away behind bathroom doors and often they're not where we think they are (that changing-tableless “family friendly” restaurant we like to frequent or the newly remodeled gas station on the way to work with all the bells and whistles…except for the baby changing table).  Diaperpedia is a way to change this game of hide and go seek.
 
 
We believe satisfaction, many times, boils down to the little things in life - let Diaperpedia help you find them.


Guest post submitted by Felicity Hernandez founder of Diaperpedia, connect with Diaperpedia by any of the several means below. Leave a comment here and tell us what you think about Diaperpedia. MomsInSite thanks you Felicity!


The link to Diaperpedia on the itunes store is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/diaperpedia/id589928993?ls=1&mt=8


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Follow us on Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Baby Makes 3

I think back to when my 5 year old was first born. I must say it was truly a special time, saturated with some new experience daily. I can recall the very first night of her arrival; she slept through the entire night! I remember thinking, "Wow this is going to be a breeze!” Yeah, well definitely not the case. The next night...and every night thereafter, my sleep had become more like random spurts of unconsciousness. My husband (then boyfriend) and I were so sleep deprived that we envied the rest of the world, knowing they were nestled snuggly in their beds; while we took turns changing diapers and feeding our newborn. Truth be told, I even resented my husband at times as I would look over and see him sleeping so soundly! My husband and I have this unspoken game (I like to call it “sleep roulette”) in which we pretend to be in such a deep sleep, that we do not hear our daughter’s crying. That way, the other parent will get up and change a diaper, make a bottle, or give a glass o

Holiday Crafts for the Kiddos!

Okay,  so it's winter break and your kids are thrilled to be home ... how are you doing? Check out some of these fun, easy and even yummy holiday ideas that I found from parents.com awesome website! Parents.com says "This  holiday  season, decorate your home with these fun and easy  Christmas  crafts. Your kids will love adorning the tree with handmade ornaments, dressing up your front door with a creative wreath, and giving cute DIY gifts to loved ones." Click on the active links above for shortcuts to their crafts! Also, be sure to share your finished products with us! Happy Holidays! Resource: parents.com

Despicable Me 2 Review by a Not-so-expert!

This 4th of July weekend I took my daughters to see Despicable Me 2. At first I was a bit reserved to take them being that the rating was PG but I realized I was overthinking things after I seen the movie. The movie is a sequel to the 2010 animated film Despicable Me.  Despicable Me 2 focuses on Gru (Steve Carell) and his relationships or lack thereof. Gru is now a loving father and "good" guy; and although he is in a much better place there is still a void.  When I first heard that Gru falls in love, I thought the entire movie would be dedicated to him and his love-life.  This however was not the case.  The directors did a great job of mixing all aspects of Gru in this film. His role as a father, leader to his minions, his love-life, and his now "good" guy role are all intertwined to deliver a comedic, heart-warming film that my girls and I truly enjoyed. Aside from the fact that my 5 year old has to go to the potty and my 2 year old decided to have her own s